Monday, January 10, 2011

MADE TO CRAVE - FIRST WEBCAST

WOW! Were you able to tune in and see the webcast? We were and we really enjoyed it. So much information. I will share with you some of my notes and I'd love to hear what some of you got from it. Also, if you don't get to watch on a Monday night for some reason or even if you just want to see it again, they are taping each show and will re-air it the following Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. CST AND 2:00 p.m. CST on the Made to Crave website - http://www.madetocrave.org/

I really enjoyed tonight's devotional called "A Grace Place". God doesn't run out of grace. Even on days when I might make an "unhealthy" choice, I just need to move on and not think that I've "blown it". Take EACH healthy choice as a victory and let all the individual choices begin to add up.

One phrase that stood out to me was "You have a physical indication of a spiritual situation". This was not meant necessarily just for someone that might be overweight, but even someone that is at their normal weight but having health issues, as well. At least, that's the way I understood it - let me know if I got that wrong.

I also liked that she shared the word SEEK comes from the word, Zeteo, which means "to crave". So when the scripture tells us to SEEK God it is telling us to CRAVE God!

I loved when her guest, Kathrine Lee, made the statement that she is on the journey this time "BECAUSE I am loved not so I CAN BE loved". I like that she shared that she had lost 175 pounds and kept it off for six years only to gain it back when she went through some emotional 'stuff'. I really identified with that because, even though I'd only lost 54 pounds, I also gained almost all that back when going through emotional 'stuff'. It made me ask myself why am I really doing this? What do I REALLY want to accomplish - long term? My answer to that is that I DO want to get healthy and, hey, if I can get closer to God at the same time then that's even better!

One thing we need to always remember is this: A SETBACK IS A SET UP FOR A COMEBACK!

I am so glad to have the FREEDOM to do this. I know I have a lot of choices ahead of me and I have a lot to learn about choosing healthy - but I'm ready for it. I will pray for each of you and ask that you also pray for me that God will give us each the wisdom and knowledge we need to make the healthy choices.

REMEMBER: For women, 25 grams of fiber per day is a GREAT help in this journey :)

So - what did y'all think of the webcast? Leave some comments and share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love my Lord. He was FINALLY able to get through to me a few years ago just how much He really loves me. It is a wonderful feeling to be so in love with Him and know that He loves me even more than I could ever imagine - no matter how many times I mess up! I've been feeling more pulled to the "blogging" community for some reason. I'm not that good, but check me out at www.flashthoughts.wordpress.com - Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by :)