Thursday, January 20, 2011

MADE TO CRAVE - SECOND WEBCAST

WOW! Once again, I got so much out of the webcast! And then again, there was plenty I didn't get - couldn't get all the websites written down! LOL

Lysa shared the scripture from I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

Being in the center of God's will is to be a woman of joy, prayer and thanksgiving. Focus on God! CHOOSE to be a woman of joy. Thanksgiving moves the heart of God.

Lysa's special guest Monday night was her very own pastor, Steven Furtick (author of Sun Stand Still and if you haven't read that book, it is GREAT!) He shared many things and the one thing that really struck me was this: He stated that God said, "This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased" speaking about Jesus BEFORE Jesus ever performed one miracle! Jesus KNEW His identity. Knowing our identity MUST come before our activity. (To get a better grasp on this, you can read Lysa's blog at http://www.lysaterkeurst.com/. Scroll down to Tuesday, Jan. 18 and read what she wrote about it there.)

I probably didn't get that exactly like Pastor Furtick said it, but maybe you get the meaning anyway. Here are some other things that I jotted down as he was speaking:

I can never let God down because I was never holding Him up in the first place.

I have to reformat my mind. I have to begin using the "find and replace" function. The first sin was the sin of insecurity. The way Adam and Eve hid (or thought they hid) from the Father as if to say "If I pretend I don't have a problem then it's not a problem, right? Insecurity is an insult to God. When the enemy is trying to tell me lies, I MUST replace them with the truth of His Word.

The beginning of a breakthrough is DESIRE. Not MY desire to do it for me and not desire from within myself but a Holy Spirit Empowered Determination that nothing can stop!

Dr. Chilton shared about several different things and I couldn't get them all down. However, there is a website you can go to and download a free chart. Just go to http://www.genesmart.com/products/gene_smart_go_guide___free__/52.php?page_id=293 (Hopefully you can just click on that link and go straight to where it says for you to download it.) If not, then go to http://www.genesmart.com/, scroll down to where you see it says "Welcome Made to Crave Webcast Viewers" and you will see where it says to Click here for your FREE Gene Smart Go Guide. If you want this guide but you don't have access to a printer, just let me know and I'll be glad to print you a copy.

There were several sites listed as recommended for checking out but the only one I got written down was www.shecooks.org. I am going to check her book and see if the websites are listed there and I'll let you know.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week and I look forward to seeing everyone again this Monday night. Feel free to come as early as 6:30, if you'd like. I don't mind at all. And, if you can't get there early or even by 7, just come when you can - it's all good :)

Love you all and PLEASE feel free to comment and share what you got from the webcast Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love my Lord. He was FINALLY able to get through to me a few years ago just how much He really loves me. It is a wonderful feeling to be so in love with Him and know that He loves me even more than I could ever imagine - no matter how many times I mess up! I've been feeling more pulled to the "blogging" community for some reason. I'm not that good, but check me out at www.flashthoughts.wordpress.com - Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by :)