Wednesday, August 25, 2010

TITUS - CHAPTER 2 (08-20-10)

On Friday we met to discuss Titus, Chapter 2. This chapter was full of instruction for us also. Below are the notes that I took from this chapter. This week - Thursday, Aug. 26, we will be discussing Chapter 3 of Titus.

Next week, each lady is to bring anything that God is using to speak to her right now - a song, a Bible verse, a poem - ANYTHING that is being used to really speak to you right now and share it.

TITUS – CHAPTER 2

Friday, August 20, 2010

I need to teach by my actions as well as my words.

Do I have any self-control at all?

If I want to teach someone to act a certain way, then I must be sure to live that way myself. My life must reinforce what I teach. Does it? It can’t be a “do as I say do, not as I do” kind of thing.

Verse 9 speaks of slaves/masters but this can be translated to our time by employer/employee. I must always do my best for my employer. I must be trustworthy at all times.

My power to live as a Christian comes from the Holy Spirit. I can’t do it on my own. God gives me the power and understanding to live according to His will.

I can’t just turn away from sin – I must also live actively for God.

Jesus gave His life to free me. Am I living in that freedom? Am I totally committed to doing what is right? No matter what the cost?

My job is to teach and encourage others and, when necessary, to correct them. Whether they are older than me or influential in the community or wealthy – no matter what – they should not intimidate me.

I am not to let myself be threatened when I am ministering to others!

*****************************************************

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love my Lord. He was FINALLY able to get through to me a few years ago just how much He really loves me. It is a wonderful feeling to be so in love with Him and know that He loves me even more than I could ever imagine - no matter how many times I mess up! I've been feeling more pulled to the "blogging" community for some reason. I'm not that good, but check me out at www.flashthoughts.wordpress.com - Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by :)